Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Tuesday "Try"... Beet Chips

 So often my ideas start with what I have in my refrigerator that needs to be eaten. Today it was beets! I wanted to do something different with then just steamed etc. so what I usually do is research ideas and what I came up with was beet chips. I sliced them really thin with my mandolin ( I asked for one for Christmas once - great time to ask for fun things to play with in the kitchen.), but you can just slice them thin with a sharp knife. Just try to be fairly consistent with the size of the slice so they will cook even. I coated them with coconut oil (or olive oil)...
then I laid them on these nice screen racks ( got this for my birthday once!!!) but you can use a cookie sheet. Baked them at 350 degree in the oven for about 10-12 min - as you can see mine were in there just a little to long ( oops forgot and got off doing other things).
But they were still very yummy! I had never made them before and next time I want to try a mix of beets,carrots, sweet potatoes and yucca. I may even make a dip to go with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment