Saturday, February 7, 2015

Saturday "Supper"... Turkey Tetrazzini

     

    Tomorrow my oldest son is coming over ( he usually comes a couple times a month) and I always cook a meal for him to take home. So the first thing I do if I didn't have a meal from the day before that was a double recipe to share, I check my cabinets, refrigarator and freezer to see what I have that I can make.
     What I found today was some frozen turkey and in my cabinet, a box of spaghetti, cream and/broth in my refrigerator, put it altogether and the idea came to me... Turkey Tetrazzini. Next step is to "Google" other peoples recipes and see what ingredients they use.  Traditionally this recipe uses mushrooms and my son is not a fan, so this is when you take a recipe and tailor it to your families likes and dislikes, and what you have around your house. I will probable substitues peas and carrots instead of mushrooms because that's what I have and a lot of the other recipes I saw used that.  Also some of the recipes called for using milk, cream or stock. So I will pick from those choices and use what I have.
       The link above is just one of the many recipes for Turkey Tetrazzini, Don't be afraid to play with your food, some of the best dishes come from experimenting and/or mistakes!


No comments:

Post a Comment