Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Tuesday "Try"... Goal Planning

I try to home - make as much of my food and some non food items as I can, but with that comes  strategies, such as "goal planning." This past week I had been really really busy for about four days and the list of things I've been wanting to make, had become long. So as not to get overwhelmed I decided to set goals for the days that I had the time to accomplish one or more on the list. Some things on my list that I wanted to make in the coming week(s):

pesto
lara bars
master tonic
tinctures
granola
laundry detergent
planting fall seeds/garlic
chicken broth/chicken noodle soup
give away things already in piles ready to go


One of the things I need is garlic for my pesto and master tonic, so one goal is to purchase enough from the store and then I will be that much further along when I have time to get it done. I bought a few things the other day for granola, tinctures and chicken broth so I am now ready to make those when I have the space in my week. And with each thing made, it will last for weeks or months depending on what it is and that leaves me space, to home - make other things.

Here are the five steps to help you eat and live a healthier life and get done what you want:


1) Make a list of the things you want done in the coming weeks

2) Put them in order of priority.

3) Make another list of what you need to gather/purchase for the items and make a goal when you are able get them.

4) Look on your calendar and pick a day when you can - without being stressed - to accomplish making your item.

5) Repeat - with a new list of items


1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! I live by my lists. And BTW I just made my laundry detergent and ordered my garlic for planting!

    ReplyDelete