Monday, April 28, 2014

How Does Your Garden Grow?

This is one view of my containers.

These are my blueberries bushes.

        I came across this link the other day http://brownthumbmama.com/2014/04/start-vegetable-garden-25.html about starting a vegetable garden for $25.00. So I thought I would share what I'm doing in my own backyard.
        For years I had an organic square foot garden and this past year a new neighbor moved in and decided to use lots of chemicals to try and get rid of ivy that was growing on his side of the fence (coming from my yard). Can't say I blame him, but at that time we were having non stop rain and all the chemicals ran down onto my lawn, garden, flowers and plants I had put in the ground. Lost almost everything! I was very discouraged but not out, so I decided to container garden. I'm using containers       I've had around my house and ones I hope to can find from family and friends, plus the dollar store has containers as well. You don't have to have a lot of money to grow your own herbs and vegetables. One thing I do for seeds, is buy them a few here and there ( or you can ask friends and neighbors to share if there is extra) that way the expense is spread over time.
        Right now I only have some herbs started and will continue to plant vegetables in the coming weeks. Growing a garden always gets me excited... there is NOTHING better then fresh whole food from my own back yard. So get a few containers, plant a tomato, a pepper a few fresh herbs then you will have all you need for that tomato sauce your going to make when your harvest is ready!!!


Another view... I have a few strawberries in the hanging basket.




and visit http://wholefood-living.com/index.html to see how I can help you on your way to a healthier you!




No comments:

Post a Comment