Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Tuesday "Try" ~ Miracle Noodles...


Another Tuesday means another day to search for something to "try." Today as I was wandering the aisles of the grocery store I came across these noodles. I was first taken with the name, "Miracle Noodles" and who couldn't use a miracle! Then there was the lure of words like, guilt free, gluten free, soy free, low in calories and the back of the package stated that "these noodles were made from plants that were not genetically engineered." Okay that was enough words for me to want to give it a "try." 
(There was a plain noodle available - not spinach flavored)


The directions said: Drain the water out of the package and rinse the noodles in cool water for 10-15 seconds. Blanch in boiling water for about a minute. Place on a paper towel to dry and then add to your favorite dish. 
When I first opened the package to drain it, it had a slight fishy smell, which I think came from the spinach powder. I was a bit skeptical, but wanted to finish the process before I gave a final review. And I have to say, first impressions are not always what they seem. So next time you have that experience, get to the final result and see if it doesn't surprise you, as it did me.


So my idea of a favorite dish when it comes to noodles is to make something cheesy! I melted a tablespoon of earth balance butter, added a couple tablespoons of almond milk, a sprinkle of garlic powder and onion powder, with some non dairy cheese and made a cheese sauce. And keeping with the theme of spinach, I decided to steam fresh organic spinach to mix in. The texture of the noodles seemed a bit lighter then your average pasta, which I liked. Over all - It was Yummy!

There were a couple of interesting words in the ingredients that I will investigate on my facebook page  https://www.facebook.com/WholeFoodLiving , so visit tomorrow on Wednesday "word" and find out what is in the "Miracle Noodles."
And as always, visit  me at  http://wholefood-living.com/index.html to see how I can help you on your way to a healthier you!


No comments:

Post a Comment