Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Tuesday "Try"... Homemade Cereal

Vanilla Almond Cereal Puffs
This is my version of the Vanilla Almond Cereal Puffs. And for those who know me best, know that I use whatever I have on hand and what works for my family. I love taking an idea and playing.

I mixed together, the almond flour, gluten free all purpose flour ( which I didn't have, so I used part potato starch and part tapioca starch), rice flour, vanilla ( extra because I'm not fond of almond extract), half of the amount of maple syrup ( used for the other half of the liquid was coconut milk), a little honey, plain coconut yogurt and coconut oil.

You just put all in the food processor and mix. It seemed a bit wet so I just added a very small amount of coconut flour ( but any flour would do) and blended again - Perfect!

Then you roll them into little balls. I would make them even smaller then I did next time. You bake them for about 12-15 min. 

Magic... You have cereal! It was fun and easy to make, well except for all the rolling. I wish I had known about this recipe when my children were little. They make a great little snack too.


Had a few with some almond milk.

This recipe sparked my interest in seeing what other cereal I can make ( besides my homemade granola). I LOVE making my own food. So keep coming back, because you never know what I will be making next!

My Version of - Vanilla Almond Cereal Puffs

1/2 c almond flour
1/4 c potato starch
1/4 c tapioca starch
1/4c rice flour
2 tsp. vanilla
1/8 c maple syrup
1/8 c coconut milk
honey ( about 1/8 cup or less)
1 Tb. coconut yogurt
1/2 Tb. coconut oil

Blended all in food processor and rolled in small balls. I put them on parchment paper on a cookie sheet in a 350 degree oven for 12-15 min.



and visit http://wholefood-living.com/index.html to see how I can help you on your way to a healthier you!


















No comments:

Post a Comment