Thursday, July 17, 2014

Company/Product Review...


I came across this company (as most of my finds, through something else I was searching) and I loved the idea that you could try up to three products a day for only $2.00 each with FREE shipping. Each product has a "info" button that allows you to click and see - an overview, the qualities the product has ( non- GMO etc.), ingredients, reviews and meet the seller. They are only looking for your feedback on the product. I love reviewing products!
Years ago I use to belong to a natural/organic food coop and we would order and divide items up so we could sample and try different things we wouldn't ordinarily purchase. It was so much fun and this company brought back some of that excitement. There are so many products on the market and it's nice to try with minimal commitment. And I thought they did a nice job with the packaging, I found it very appealing!
Here are the two things I picked to try:

I picked this because I thought the combination was really intriguing - cashew, cumin, cauliflower, coconut. And Indian flavor ~savory, not sweet. 
The full list of ingredients:
Cashews, brown rice syrup, tapioca syrup, cauliflower, lentils, coconut, coconut oil, potatoes, peas, mangoes, tomato powder, vegetable glycerine, sea salt, turmeric, onion, chili pepper, ginger, cumin seed

The first thing I tasted was the turmeric combined with broken up cashews and a slight sweet stickiness from the brown rice syrup and a nice soft texture. Other then that I couldn't really taste anything else. The turmeric has a strong presence which is not necessarily bad, but I think because it is so strong you lose some of the other flavors. I would have liked for the mango and ginger to be a bit more prevalent. 
Over all ~ I love the creative combination and uniqueness!



I picked this because I loved the way chocolate chip + macaroons sounded. Plus it was gluten and dairy free which is always a "plus" in my world!
The full list of ingredients:
organic coconut, organic raw agave, almond flour, non-gmo dark chocolate chips, ( unsweetened chocolate, cane sugar), organic extra virgin coconut oil, natural fair-trade vanilla flavor ( alcohol-free), organic vanilla bean, himalayan crystal salt and love!
( the last ingredient was my favorite!!!)

These were very good. My daughter and I had them gone in a matter of minutes. I personally would have liked a few more chips in each cookie and they were just a wee bit oily feeling (from the coconut oil) but it certainly didn't stop me from enjoying them!
Over all ~I would eat them again.

It was fun to try different things ~ 




No comments:

Post a Comment